18 December 2013

Einstein

My passionate interest in social justice and social responsibility has always stood in current contrast to a marked lack of desire for direct association with men and women. I am a horse for single harness, not cut out for tandem or team work... Such isolation is sometimes bitter but I do not regret being cut-off from the understanding and sympathy of other men... I am compensated for it in being rendered independent of the customs, opinions and prejudices of others and am not tempted to rest my peace of mind upon such shifting foundations. 

- Albert Einstein, quoted from Creating Minds by Howard Gardner

Back to Top

Labels

art (70) Baguio Series (15) book excerpt (57) essay (36) food (39) ideals (148) insights (97) introspection (35) med school (10) monthly photo snippets (27) notes (31) photography (218) places (127) poetry (1) psychology (43) recipes (9) review (31) science (10) travel (76)

Blog Archive