22 September 2013

Life Lately


(Click the play button to listen to the Noble Qur'an recitation of Surah Ya Seen)


For this month, I made two book purchases, The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky, and Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. I was reading the novels on my Iphone, but when it totally shut down, I decided to have my own actual copies to add to my collection. I am not really into reading fiction, but I read the novels mainly to refine my ideas and insights, not to absorb them really into myself. There are recurrent themes on fiction which are not advisable to absorb onto oneself, since they are corrupt, toxic and destructive to the soul and mind, added to the fact that they are products of human imagination, and not based on practical reality. I read novels mainly to develop vocabulary and refine ideas. 

Some of the subjects I'm focused on right now, are on Islamic Aqeedah (Creed), Tazkiyat-un-Nafs (Purification of the Self), Islamic psychology, and Qur'an contemplation. Also included on my study list are Islamic history and philosophy. Although I must say that I am a very lazy and procrastinate when it comes to my latest project which is a book translation about Tawheed and Shirk (Monotheism and Polytheism), which is supposed to be rendered from English to Filipino. It's a brief booklet, and I am 98% finished with the rough draft which is hand written on paper. The remaining work is set to be typed on computer. Pray for me, that I get the motivation and energy to focus on the project and finish it before the year ends, In sha Allah. It's a very tedious and difficult task, but if God wills, it will be published in book form.
Back to Top

Labels

art (70) Baguio Series (15) book excerpt (57) essay (36) food (39) ideals (148) insights (97) introspection (35) med school (10) monthly photo snippets (27) notes (31) photography (218) places (127) poetry (1) psychology (43) recipes (9) review (31) science (10) travel (76)

Blog Archive