12 April 2014

Currently Reading



Currently reading: Religion on the Rise by Murad Wilfried Hofmann

I was attempting to voice-record my reading, but I realized I was having problems with accent and in making mistakes with reading the words (my eyesight issues). I really need to have my glasses soon. Perhaps, if I will have time, I will get them this afternoon or tomorrow, in sha Allah. My optician is a good friend of mine. :)

Anyways, I recommend the book. It is an insightful work that touches into the issues that Islam and Muslims face in the modern world, and what Islam has to offer: its solutions to the problems of the current times, and what its future likely holds, most especially in the postmodernism era.

Contents
Preface
Chapter 1: Destination: West
Chapter 2: Destination: East
Chapter 3: Many long and wretched Years
Chapter 4: Targeting the Media
Chapter 5: Blond, blue-eyed and Human Rights
Chapter 6: Democracy or Shuracracy
Chapter 7: Similar or Identical?
Chapter 8: Why Muhammad?
Chapter 9: Jesus dividing - Jesus uniting
Chapter 10: Colorblind
Chapter 11: What are they here for?
Chapter 12: In for a Change
Chapter 13: Petitioners or Partners?
Chapter 14: Islam in America
Chapter 15: What if they come?
Index
Bibliography

Back to Top

Labels

art (70) Baguio Series (15) book excerpt (57) essay (36) food (39) ideals (148) insights (97) introspection (35) med school (10) monthly photo snippets (27) notes (31) photography (218) places (127) poetry (1) psychology (43) recipes (9) review (31) science (10) travel (76)

Blog Archive