01 February 2014

Servant of God

God (mighty and sublime be He) said,
Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.
- A Divine Tradition from Sahih al Bukhari
Back to Top

Labels

art (70) Baguio Series (15) book excerpt (57) essay (36) food (39) ideals (148) insights (97) introspection (35) med school (10) monthly photo snippets (27) notes (31) photography (218) places (127) poetry (1) psychology (43) recipes (9) review (31) science (10) travel (76)

Blog Archive