16 August 2012

Rains and Ramblings



Hello blog, I just arrived at the library a few minutes ago. I've been having chills and fever for three days, and I decided not to take my fast today so my body could recover just for now. This is what usually happens to me when I'm over-fatigued and stressed, and the tiredness doesn't have anything to do with my job, it's more on thinking too much accompanied by worrisome anticipations. My body is still aching, and I have a dry and sore throat, but hopefully I'll get better before this day ends. I need to get properly hydrated as well.

I hadn't been into an active lifestyle lately with no rigorous exercise, and it truly weakens health, and mind. Unlike those previous years when I had been going to places, walking to and fro, sometimes stretching my bones and muscles, even my vocal cords, now, I literally sit almost all day long, losing all interest in human communication and interaction (where there are numerous reasons why). I get impatient when having to exert effort on physical activities, such as cleaning the house and organizing things, walking, etc., getting very tired easily, and also losing a lot of focus and concentration when doing what I have to do. My memory is likewise, also weakening. Just this morning, when I was about to go to the office, I realized that I forgot where I put the keys, so I was forced to go back to our house just to locate where I put the keys...oh my, I'm getting old and very forgetful!! I thought I had put them on my backpack yesterday, but when I opened my bag, they weren't there. When I got home, I was surprised that they were kept by my father and thus he gave them to me. I sighed with a sense of relief as I was on my way to the library, being very thankful that at least, the keys weren't lost.

Perhaps, even my fever has something to do with the inclement weather lately. The rains had been frequent for the past few weeks, and many places in Luzon, particularly on Manila and nearby provinces had been drenched with floods. Many families were forced to leave their houses and temporarily stay on evacuation centers. The skies had been grey and rains would fall anytime during the day. 
The month of Ramadan is drawing to a close, and I'm thankful to experience it once more this year. It is a blessed month that teaches sacrifice, patience, discipline, and empathy for others who are less fortunate.
Back to Top

Labels

art (70) Baguio Series (15) book excerpt (57) essay (36) food (39) ideals (148) insights (97) introspection (35) med school (10) monthly photo snippets (27) notes (31) photography (218) places (127) poetry (1) psychology (43) recipes (9) review (31) science (10) travel (76)

Blog Archive